Alicia M. Lopez
- The Florida Bar, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Florida Bar Number: 161160
- Admitted February 2, 1999
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Mediator Number: 31291R
- Certified October 10, 2014
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association
- 1998 - 2002 Third party insurance defense litigation
- 2002 - 2010 First party insurance defense litigation
- 2010 - 2015 First party insurance claim litigation on behalf of insureds.
- 2014 - 2015 Certified Circuit Court Mediator
As a litigator, Ms. Lopez has handled all aspects of civil litigation and pre-litigation through trial and appeal. Ms. Lopez has handled various types of first party property and third party liability cases including sinkholes, storm damage, fire, theft/vandalism, fraud, bad faith, coverage disputes, auto accidents, premises liability, professional liability, products liability, and pharmacy misfills. Ms. Lopez also handles other civil litigation matters including landlord-tenant disputes, HOA disputes, business disputes and matters related to real property.
- 1998 Juris Doctor, University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- 1993 Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, The American University, Washington, D.C.
- 1990 High School Diploma, The Academy of the Holy Names, Tampa, Florida
Ms. Lopez consistently excelled academically, graduating with honors from high school, college and law school. Ms. Lopez attended The American University on a full tuition scholarship and received scholarships to attend law school as well. While at The American University, Ms. Lopez completed an internship in the United States House of Representatives.